Monday, November 19, 2007

The Experience- on blogging and the internet

Blog 2
and I don't know if there's anybody out there. Who am I speaking to? Who's going to read this? and why?
How do I get people to read my blog and do I deserve their attention?

I had considered sending the blog's link to everyone I know but thought I'd give it a week, wait and see what the internet does on its own. Doesn't seem to have done much. My blog, this little piece of me, published on the internet for everyone to read, appears to have sat as lonely and unread as the journal under my bed. I'd almost feel safe typing my deepest darkest secrets- but not quite.

I will also admit that the internet does not feel completely different. It's as if there are a million things going on behind closed doors and when I get there, the meeting has dispersed and everyone's gone. Of coarse, on the internet, they're all still there and coming and going constantly but give the impression of absence. The myth of solitude pervades every corner of its web like the feelings of issolation in a great city. And, like all great cities, there is the overwhelming fantasia of great sites to visit and things to learn that sometimes become a blessed burden too heavy for the amateur to bear. She is forced, by the feelings of her own smallness, to go home.

I am going home today, but only for a rest.
I have not given up on the internet or this blog. Most likely, you are reading this because I have sent you the link. I eagerly await your feedback, in any form, concerning anything discussed here.

Yours truly and sincerely
TechnoPhyle

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger CleftClips said...

I'm adding your blog to my reader. It's all a contradiction. Good luck and have fun.

Cousin Joel

November 20, 2007 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Eliot said...

dude, connect your blog and your youtube profile (link back and forth from your videos to your posts).

i think you're off to an awesome start.

(now i'm going to type the nonsense word below--mipnoth--so blogger knows I'm not just some random robot trying to spam your blog.)

November 20, 2007 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Shanti said...

HI,
Great start, It is now taking me two tries to post a comment. Something about being older Im guessing but not sure. This whole internet connectedness thing is of great interest to me, but mostly as a way of talking and getting things done - and talking to people I dont know and might not otherwise meet who live in various places but connect over the internet. Lets see if I can post this and then Ill tell you what I really think. Shanti

November 24, 2007 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Today, I am home. #TrainWhistle

January 2, 2014 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home